[Ilustrasi Oleh Pixabay]
Miracle Gyan – Basically, we can easily see the transcription of words from a video on Youtube. However, can we download the transcript in text form?
The YouTube platform continues to improve with develop a variety of new functions. In the end, we can be easier and more comfortable enjoying videos through this service.
One feature that really caught my attention was the transcript. Using YouTube’s new support, we can see the text of the spoken words or dialogue in a video without using any additional applications.
The transcript feature itself is long gone on the YouTube app for Android, having previously only been available on the desktop version. But to display the text of the words from a video on both, we need a slightly different way.
For those of you who are looking for a way to view a transcript of words from a video on Youtube, here are the steps to do it using both the Android application and the desktop version.
How to view a YouTube video transcript
- To update App to new version if needed
- Open the YouTube app
- Find the video you want
- Open the caption by tapping the video’s title
- Scroll all the way down
- Tap the button View Transcript
The text of the copy of the spoken words in the video will appear after following the steps above. There is also a special marker that shows where the conversation has arrived, allowing us to continue listening to the broadcast without replaying it.
- Open minded https://youtube.com/ in the browser
- Find the video you want to watch
- Tap the button More (three dots icon) below the video
- Choose an option View Transcript
Interestingly, in addition to listening to YouTube videos directly, we can also download transcripts of words as text. It’s just that we need the services of a third party to do that.
How to download video transcripts
- Open the relevant YouTube video
- Tap the button Split below video
- Choose copy link
- Step aside https://downsub.com/ via browsers
- Paste the link in the column provided
- click button Download
- Wait for the service to load the download file
- Beat TXT or SRT on the transcript displayed as needed
In a fairly similar way, we can also download transcripts of words from YouTube videos through a desktop browser. We can even use downsub service to do this in this case.
- Find and open the video whose transcript you want to download
- Tap the browser’s URL field
- Copy the URL of the video
- Visit the site https://downsub.com/ in new tab
- Enter the video URL in the space provided
- click button Download
- Wait for the service to successfully process the video transcript file
- Choose SRT or TXT upon need
Interestingly, downloading word transcripts via Downsub can not only follow the original language used in YouTube videos. We can also select some of the translated texts directly if we use this service.